Thursday, April 22, 2010

oh im sorry did my giant belly offend you?


back to fashion for a moment. recently a women (older) complained after seeing me that "a pregnant woman shouldn't dress like that".... hmmm i guess she felt i needed to be in a tent or a moo-moo that had baby blocks on the front or teddy bears... really? i become pregnant and all fashion sense is lost? no way! pregnant celebs have opened the door for us, they no longer hide their bumps in shame but wear stunning well fitted couture gowns to show off their little miracle. the dress i was wearing at the time was not "revealing", the length was acceptable, the "girls" were poking out, it just had some roaching around the tummy, gasp!! theres a baby in there, run hide it from the world! ladies I'm 9 months pregnant, I'm huge! but i will wear this big belly proud! stay f!erce mamas!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    Me, on the other hand, I'm 5 months and my stretch marks look like flames shooting up, lol. I'll keep it covered, but I ain't wearing a moo moo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, your "girls" poked out! Just wait, in like a month they will do more than poke out! It's slightly insane!

    I never understood the looks I got when I was pregnant. I always wore just regular clothing in a larger than my normal size. I never hung my belly out naked for all to see, and I don't necessarily want to see anyone else's naked baby tummy unless we're at the pool or beach. But, I also don't want to see Mama's wearing MuMus! YUCK!

    I think the most uncomfortable I ever felt was when I went with Jere to a movie Premiere I was like 7 months pregnant and super large..I wore a cute empire waisted dress that accentuated my bump..and even the fashion forward snots of Scottsdale gave me the oddest looks. Sad, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i keep it covered, but i like fabrics that cling, i feel like i look "smaller". appearently this woman didnt like the fact that i had tattoos... i guess an expect mother should be barefoot and in the kitchen free of tattoos in her world (eyeroll). i ree=member when you were going to that premeir, i bet you looked super cute with your bump! show it proud ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of older people still don't like tattoos on women. I don't really understand why..but I guess it's their opinion..as long as they don't try to choke me with it I'm good.

    I always felt smaller in clingy clothes when I was pregnant..then after I had D, I felt smaller in flowy clothes! Of course, no one told me you still look pregnant for a couple of days after you have the baby so I was sad! LOL!

    Yes, at the premiere I still looked cute with my bump, it was right after that when I got the clampsia that I stopped looking like a sexy Mama to be and more like a beached albino whale..YAY Water retention!

    ReplyDelete